BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The best things in life are free? I don't think so.

I think saying the best things in life are free, is an untrue statement. Everything comes at a cost. Lets take love, the thing that would come to mind first as a great thing that is also "free". Love is free, most people would say, and love is probably the greatest feeling a human can comprehend. But how do you define free? Because to me, emotional costs are much worse than fiscal costs. Nothing in this life is free, and I believe the best things in life come at the greatest cost, with the greatest risk. For me, I would rather have the love of my life, than some billion dollar house on the beach. So to those of you that have found love, my advice, it is not free, not something that was just given to you. It is a gift, worth more money than I can think of. Cherish it, because when you lose it, it costs you the most, it costs you your heart.


Some would say God's love is free. True, but it still costs you. Because you have to endure pain and questioning, and sometimes even scorn and challenges because you accept this great love God gives.

Overall, my point. Nothing is free. Love is not free, it comes at a cost. So when you have it, cherish it. Don't question it. Don't tamper with it. Don't mistreat it. And most of all, don't let it go.

0 comments: