BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Small Delicacies

Im getting nervous, things are finally real. My best friend left today.. and Im leaving in 4 days, moving. My whole new life is about to start, and its what I've wanted for 53 days now.. a whole new start. And now that its happening, im scared to death.

I know I have to take this first leap though. Moving, its not the same as leaving home and traveling around, Im making the decision to make a new life somewhere. With this move it makes me think of everything that really matters to me in my life. I will take the memories I have created here over the last 23 years.. and especially the ones I have from the last 5 of college. I've come to realize the small delicacies in life through this thinking.. and something I wish everyone could live by, don't spend your time looking towards that next big thing you want to do, relish in moments. I will never forget the small moments I shared with my best friends dancing in the living room throwing flour all over ourselves, or laying in bed with the guy I loved all day just watching movies and laughing about everything, how amazing I felt.. these small things, that seem so insignificant at the time.. moments that I could have passed by because I had something bigger, and appointment to make, things to work on, emails to send, but I didn't, I relished in them. I know people that seem to be rushing through life, always looking towards that next thing. One day, you will realize how much those moments, or that person, meant to you.. but it will be too late.. they will be gone, and that appointment, work, email, phone calls, wont seem so important anymore.

My mom's best friend, who is like my second mom, has been given 2 weeks to live.

What do you when you are given a time limit on life? I know that the old saying is to live each day as if it were your last.. but that is so much easier said than done. But something to think about.. what would you do if you had 2 weeks to live? Who would you see, what would you do, where would you go...? And how do you know you don't only have 2 weeks to live, why aren't you living that way now?


"So turn around you're not too far to back away be who you are, To change your path go another way, It's not too late you can be saved. If you feel depressed with past regrets, the shameful nights you hope to forget can disappear they can all be washed away.."



0 comments: